Re: [VHFcontesting] Field day antenna?

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Field day antenna?
From: Buddy Morgan via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 13:00:54 -0400 (EDT)
I have to tell my 432 loop story. Once upon a time, I had a M2 70 cm loop,
mounted off the side of my tower, @75'. It had a clear shot at the FLWSS
beacon,  in Orlando, thirty something miles away. Signal was always about S-1.

One afternoon I had my 5760 gear, set up in the back yard. The 5 Gig
station has a three element, 432 yagi for liasion. It is about eight feet  off
the ground. Signal from the beacon was also S-1.

There has to be some subtle hidden message about loops vs yagis,  here.

Buddy WB4OMG