[VHFcontesting] Fwd: [CSVHFS News] REGISTRATION OPEN: 48th Annual CSVHFS

To: Nimrods Yahoogroups <nimrods@yahoogroups.com>, Mid-America Microwave Society <mams@mailman.qth.net>, "amateurradiomicrowaves@yahoogroups.com" <amateurradiomicrowaves@yahoogroups.com>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, Micro_Nuts <micro-nuts@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Fwd: [CSVHFS News] REGISTRATION OPEN: 48th Annual CSVHFS Conference, Austin, TX, July 24 - 27th
From: Mark Thompson via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2014 20:45:32 -0700 (PDT)

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Hicks, N5AC <n5ac@n5ac.com>
To: all-members <all-members@csvhfs.org>
Sent: Sun, Jun 1, 2014 12:07 PM
Subject: [CSVHFS News] REGISTRATION OPEN: 48th Annual CSVHFS Conference

Howdy! I'd like to personally invite you to join the Roadrunners Microwave Group
(RMG) in Austin, Texas from July 24-27th for the 48th Annual Central States
VHF Conference.  This year's conference theme is QRO, or making high power
on the VHF and up bands.  We have an impressive list of speakers supporting
this topic and many other topics including oscillator design, antenna
construction and station design and construction. We've poked, prodded and
twisted arms to get *THREE* unique speakers this
year:
- Gerald Youngblood, K5SDR, from FlexRadio Systems presents an analysis of
system noise and it's effect on station performance at the Friday luncheon
- Jim Klitzing, W6PQL, from Klitzing Electronics will discuss component
selection for projects at the Saturday luncheon
- Our banquet speaker is Jimmy Treybig, W6JKV.  Jimmy has done over SEVENTY
six and two-meter DXpeditions to over 50 countries.  Jimmy will be sharing
his perspectives on family and DXpeditions. The conference will feature noise
figure and gain measurement, sun noise
measurement, prizes, a rover and dish bowl, a swap fest and an excellent
lineup of vendors. The family program starts off on Thursday evening with a
chartered boat
tour including a meet-and-greet with a catered Texas BBQ dinner and an
opportunity to watch one of the largest colonies of Mexican Free-Tailed
bats emerge for their evening dinner run.  Not to be missed! On Friday, the
ladies program ventures out to Fredericksburg for shopping,
wine tasting and to soak up the culture and then on Saturday on to the
Natural Bridge Caverns for a tour of the underground caves and on to the
San Marcos Premium Outlets for more shopping. The RMG team has worked hard to
make sure you and your family will have a
blast in Austin this year.  But we know that even with all the fun and
education we've lined up, *the big draw is you*:  your fellow VHFers will
be traveling to Austin to get an opportunity to talk with you about your
exciting projects and plans.  Please join us for the fun!  To find out all
the details on everything I've mentioned, visit the link below:
*http://www.csvhfs.org/2014conference <http://www.csvhfs.org/2014conference>*
Then, register today for the conference:
*http://www.csvhfs.org/2014conference/2014Registration.html
<http://www.csvhfs.org/2014conference/2014Registration.html>* It's important to
register early so we can have adequate transportation for
the family events.  Also, be sure to make your hotel reservations (details
on website) for the conference. If you have any questions, please feel free to
drop us an email and we'll
get right back to you (austin2014@n5ac.com ​73's and see you in Austin!​
Steve
​ Hicks​
​, N5AC
2014 CSVHFS President​ --  Steve Stephen Hicks, N5AC, EM10em Phone: 512-963-3495
Email: n5ac@n5ac.com Web: www.n5ac.com