Re: [VHFcontesting] Disappointed about January contest

To: Rhinosix <rhinosix@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Disappointed about January contest
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <mike@ka5cvh.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 14:14:02 -0600
I use an FT 2000D on 6M. I keep the "A" receiver on 50.125 and the "B" on
> 50.110.

Mike wrote

I would keep my <now sick> FT-736 6 meter VFO "A" set for 50.125 and
"B" set for 52.525.  One of my most memorable "q's" was with a 4
station on the GA SC border.  He was using a Yeasu HT with a dipole in
the attic. I was using my qrp 736 with a 3 el beam @ ~22'.  The reason
its most memorable is that we had some people over who a couple wanted
to see me make a contact.  When I picked up my HT and said he's on a
radio like this.

--
Mike Urich KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com