[VHFcontesting] 144 MHz Fall Sprint

To: NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net, BRARA <brara@yahoogroups.com>, VHFcontesting@contesting.com, "SVHFS@yahoogroups.co" <SVHFS@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 144 MHz Fall Sprint
From: George Sintchak <wa2vnv@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 11:12:04 -0400
144 MHz Fall Sprint

Call: WA2VNV
Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN30kv
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Total:  QSOs = 42  Mults = 16  Tot Dist(km) = 0  Total Score = 672

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

Good activity and normal conditions with some enhancement here in the NE. I was
having a receiver noise problem and thought my 2M mast preamp was the problem.
So I swapped it out and it turns out the problem is in the receiver in the
shack. 2 trips up & down the tower to put back original preamp. Also found
another bad factory crimped connector on LMR400 and replaced that too. Murphy
trying his best to make trouble for me. Finished tower 1/2 hour before the
sprint started. Best distance contacts were KT1R FN54 & K5VIP FM16. See you
next week on 222. 73's, WA2VNV, George