Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] Use of 146.52 Simplex allowed in ARRL Contests

To: Les Rayburn <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] Use of 146.52 Simplex allowed in ARRL Contests
From: Mark Spencer <mark@alignedsolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 09:54:41 -0700
I agree with those who have expressed concerns about calling "CQ contest"
continually on 146.52

Driving through remote areas in BC and Alberta I've had occasional pleasant and
interesting QSO's on 146.52 over the years in very out of the way places.  It's
rare but it does happen.  My sense is that many of the operators who monitor
146.52 have little or no interest in contesting and a high power station on a
hill top continuously calling CQ contest would be un welcome.   Occasional CQ's
should be ok in my view.

I am hoping to make a few additional contest QSO's on 146.52 and will be
interested to see how things work out.   This slightly raises my interest level
in visiting remote grids as even if I can't work dx on  ssb or CW  I might
conceivably be able to work some of the locals on 146.52 but in reality it's
probably unlikely to happen very often.

Best regards
Mark S
VE7AFZ