[VHFcontesting] The ARRL EME Contest--Second Leg

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] The ARRL EME Contest--Second Leg
From: Marshall-K5QE <k5qe@k5qe.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 19:17:42 -0600
Hello to everyone playing in the contest. As you probably know, I was out of the country at Saint Martin / Sint Maarten for the first leg of the contest. I was a team member with Rene'-PE1L, Jurgen-PE1WLT, and Johan-PA3FPQ as we activated two DXCCs. So I did not participate in the first leg of the contest.

I will be available for most of the second leg of the contest as follows:

First Priority 222 EME. I want to work as many 222 EME contacts as possible. Especially, if you are a new state for me on the WAS list. I will be watching the chat.n5tm.com 222 chat page as much as I can. I will also monitor the N0UK EME-1 page. I will operate at 222.085MHz Second Sequence. The antenna here is 8 x 222XP40s with 1KW.

Second Priority 432 EME. I want to work as many new states for WAS as I can. I will monitor the N0UK EME-1 page. I operate at 432.080MHz Second Sequence. The antenna here is 16 x 28el with 600W.

Third Priority 2M EME. I will work stations on 2M when I am not doing 222 or 432. I will monitor the N0UK EME-1 page. I operate 2M at 144.142MHz Second Sequence. The antenna here is 8 x 18el with 1KW.

Concerning 222: I want to emphasize that the new 222 station is capable of working single yagi stations with no great difficulty. You can rig up something on a simple pole mount with ropes to steer OR you can use your high gain tropo antenna on your moonrise or moonset. I know that I can work a lot of stations that way if you will just give it a try.

My moonrise is 0130Z Saturday = 7:30PM CST on Friday night. That means that stations to the west of me should be able to work me on their rising moon for the next 2+ hours(depending on where you are located). My moonrise on Sunday is 0230Z = 8:30PM CST. Again, for stations to the west, just wait for your moonrise and call me. You should get 30-45 min of run time....plenty of time for a QSO.

My moonset is 1500Z = 9AM CST on Saturday morning. Stations to the east of me can start trying 30-45 min before your moonset and can run til your moonset. On Sunday morning, my moonset is 1600Z = 10:00AM CST. So wait until 30-45 min before your moonset and call me.

I will not be able to pull two "all nighters" in a row. I am just too old for that now.....OH to be 25 again!!! I am planning to operate as much as I can, but some sleeping at night will be necessary. IF it is time for a 222 sched on your moonrise or moonset, and I do not seem to be answering on the EME-1 page or the 222 chat page, just call me at 409-787-3831 and wake me up. We cannot exchange any contact details in the chat rooms or on the phone, but we can be sure that I am awake and on sched.

GL to everyone in the last leg of the contest.

73 Marshall K5QE
Shack phone is 409-787-3831