Re: [VHFcontesting] 6m Coax Stubs

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 6m Coax Stubs
From: Stu <stu@stu2.net>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2017 12:00:42 -0400
HI Kenny - we find it isn't necessary to use a stub on 6M for our
mountain top operations. Naturally, it shouldn't hurt.

At W4IY, we use two stations with 4 bands. 432/2 and 222/6. 432/2 are on
one tower and 6/22 are on another. (AB-577s) We discovered locating the
towers in an East-West line helped reduce interference between stations.
The 432/2 tower is East of the 222/66 tower. 6M rarely points East
(unless there is a good EU opening!), so the 6M antenna doesn't point
into the 432/2 array much of the time. Likewise, 432/2 is mostly pointed
NE,NW and S, so it doesn't point into the 6/22 array.

We run 800W on 6, 1K on 2, 200W on 222 and 800W on 432.

For station drawings, you can look at my wiki at:
http://www.stu2.net/wiki/index.php?title=VHF_Contests

We haven't changed configurations since 2014, so the 2014 drawing is up
to date. Note - we decided against using the preamps on 2 and 432
because the feedline is only 30' long. Sometimes, we try adding them
back in, but we put them between the Flex and the Amps because the SSB
pre-amps can't handle the power. We look forward to working you in June.

73's

Stu2

W7IY