[VHFcontesting] Attempting FN51 on Saturday

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Attempting FN51 on Saturday
From: Leandra MacLennan <leandra@leandramac.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2020 04:27:03 +0000
I will be rovering this weekend as a limited rover, doing eastern MA on
Saturday and southern NH on Sunday.

I will make an attempt to activate FN51 on Saturday. My plan is to operate from
roughly 2:00 to 3:00 P.M. near Marconi Beach. I will have small beams on short
(portable) masts and running a Yaesu FT-991 (50 to 100 watts) and 35 watts on
220 SSB on a transverter. I will be running sideband, and a limited amount of
slow CW (my fist is very rusty). No FT-8.

I usually avoid the Cape in the summer with all of its traffic, but I am hoping
this year fewer people will be heading to the Cape and Saturday morning traffic
will not be too bad.

If I discover there is a 10 mile backup at the bridge Saturday morning I will
abandon my trip to the Cape and do a loop around FN41 to FN31 and back to FN42.

If I am successful at the Cape, I will swing back to FN41 (Walmart Supercenter
in Taunton) around 6:00 to 6:30 P.M., then head home to Needham, MA (FN42). If
there is still some activity, I'll drive to the high point in Needham and work
a few more.

>From Massachusetts on Sunday, I will head up to Kearsarge (FN43), then to
>Miller State Park (FN42), then drive around the grid square corner near
>Harrisville, NH to get FN32 and FN33.

If you would like a sked, send me an e-mail with your phone number and I'll
call or text for a sked if I am successfully set up at FN51.

I log all my QSOs on LOTW.

-Leandra   AF1R/R

781-799-5456