[VHFcontesting] New 3 Band Station for January: KO4ECD

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] New 3 Band Station for January: KO4ECD
From: John Young via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2020 02:42:46 +0000 (UTC)
All,
Nothing like a good QRZ page to get folks interested in VHF contesting from a
below freezing mountain top in January.
Brian, KO4ECD, another avid off roader, expects to be working at 4,100ft from
the border of Virginia/North Carolina on the east side of I-81 running full
power and beams in the 3 Band Category.  Its icy and cold up there so do what
you can to make it worth the pain and keep the enthusiasm up.

I expect him to post his plans and 6 digit grid in the next week.  Please try
to work him.  I expect to pass him as many contacts as possible on FM and SSB
from FM08JL where I will be working.  He will have FT-8, SSB and FM.  Nothing
like some non-competitive team work to boost scores.
So excited for January, my FM white whale is lurking out there.
73JohnKM4KMU