[VHFcontesting] KM4KMU Contest Plans: Shifting sites to FM08XW due to WX

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] KM4KMU Contest Plans: Shifting sites to FM08XW due to WX.
From: John Young via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 05:22:35 +0000 (UTC)
All,
The Reddish Knob FM08JL weather has taken a bad turn for me.  30-50mph winds,
several inches of snow and temps in the low teens all weekend long.  OK if your
in civilization.  Not good all alone at 4,400 feet.
I am shifting locations again this year to Freeze Land road, just east of Front
Royal VA  at 2,400 ft with nicer conditions.
My Grid is FM08XW, the corner of FM08,09,18,19.

I have 6, 2, 1.25 & 70cm FM and SSB.
My range from here is 250 to 350 miles on FM with a clear view from Pittsburg
to Philly and around south to Norfolk.  FM07 and south is tough but doable.
West of I-81 is not going to happen.
My Cell is 703 678 6795 and unlike Reddish I will have text and cell at Freeze
Land so text or call for a sched.
Always happy to work SSB and then try FM (competing in the FM Category).
Antennas at 45 degrees and we can work FM at the low end of the bands if you
cant tune "up", but its impolite to hang out there.  I will only call CQ on the
FM portions.
I will be up on 146.520 FM all weekend calling CQ. I will be working some
Connecticut, NJ and PA schedules from 2-3 but after 3pm local will be call CQ
on 146.520 FM regularly with a quick sched 4 & 5 PM.
73JohnKM4KMU