Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF contesting yesterday vs today

To: Jim <jimk8mr@aol.com>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF contesting yesterday vs today
From: Ed Kucharski <k3dne@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 15:25:01 -0500 (EST)
Jim: This is precisely what I'm proposing. I must be doing a poor job of
getting my idea across. All participants would enter in one of the categories
below.
Legacy Category for phone or cw ONLY.
Digital Category for digital ONLY.
Mixed Mode category for phone/cw AND digital.
The intent is to promote more phone/cw activity and by having more phone/cw
contacts to again have the ability to easily QSY stations to uhf/microwaves. It
would be administered and resulted very similarly to the ARRL 10m contest
(phone only, cw only and mixed mode).
73,
Ed K3DNE