[VHFcontesting] FS: grid square navigator

To: <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] FS: grid square navigator
From: <barry@k7bwh.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2021 12:02:29 -0800
Rovers - some people find it useful to hear announcements when they cross a
gridline while driving. Me, too. I built something to tell me "how far to
the next grid" so I put together an Arduino, GPS, barometer, realtime clock,
code generator, audio chain, and a bright display. It has an audible
announcement as you cross into a new grid square, and for microwave ops it
optionally announces every 6-digit grid line. It sure beats watching a GPS
or tablet while driving. It does a few other things too, like a big GMT
clock for your home station.

I call it "Griduino," it's open source and there's a kit. It's all
through-hole soldering and relatively easy to build. Check it out:

https://github.com/barry-ha/Griduino  - open source project, assembly guide,
user guide, photos

https://groups.io/g/Griduino/topics  - email discussion

https://griduino.com/  - kit details, price, place an order