[VHFcontesting] KX3 IF rig firmware question

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com, microwave@mailmanlists.us
Subject: [VHFcontesting] KX3 IF rig firmware question
From: Drew Arnett <arnett.drew@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 15:50:17 +0000
Hi,

I love using my KX3 as an IF radio for transverters from 144 to 10G.
(I listed a bunch of the awesome reasons why on the SBMS list in
December.)

I had firmware 2.38/1.37 installed for a while.  Had to send in for
hardware repair.  Came back with 2.90/1.52 firmware installed.  (That
was the latest at the time of repair.)  Unfortunately, there's a FW
bug which affects transverter use.  (Details here:
https://github.com/drewarnett/kx3-firmware-issues/issues/1)

While waiting to see if Elecraft will fix this, the only thing I could
do is downgrade the firmware.  So, if you are using a KX3 as an IF
radio, please reply to me and let me know:
1.  firmware version (mcu/dsp)
2.  the bug described above is or is not present

I don't need reports for 2.90/1.52.  Elecraft was able to reproduce
the issue.  More than happy to take a tally, though.

Thanks and best regards,

Drew
n7da