Re: [VHFcontesting] K3DNE June VHF QSO Party

To: Ed Kucharski <k3dne@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] K3DNE June VHF QSO Party
From: Dave <kdcarlso@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:39:17 -0400
 I did the same. Called and called on FT4 and not a single response. When I
saw Europe on .313 I went to 50.323 and nothin' I'm only running 100W here
so I usually can't work the DX on a very busy frequency.

I was talking to my son K2ET about the FT8 dilemma, the 20 something that
doesn't like digital.. We've seen ideas about different categories and
separate contests. What about allocating certain hours? Meteor scatter is
popular in the morning and at night and personally I enjoy FT8 while having
my morning coffee and when burned out at night. What about reserving a
window where digital or any mode can be used, say 9pm until 9am or whatever
makes the most sense. The rest of the contest is limited to legacy modes.
It would be the simplest rules change I've seen floated. It would mix
things up and push people off of digital for a time while still allowing it
all in the same contest. Just a thought...

Dave
N2OA