[VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 Activity Night
From: Howard Reynolds <wa3eoq@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 19:28:08 -0400
7 Stations tonight.  Started with N1GC and K9MRI with maybe slightly weaker
signals.  I thought K1PXE was a much closer "local" when I tuned across
him; then worked WZ1V with similar stronger-than-usual signals.  W1XR was
his usual S9++ and N2JMH had a nice signal from FN12.  Then there was the
usual try with K1WHS.  The first attempt early in the evening went
nowhere.  I came back on around 0130Z and started running 30 second
sequences with him.  After about 10 minutes, the propagation qsb cooperated
and we completed rather easily.  (See Dave's post for all the details.)
Reminds me of the "Infinite number of monkeys and typewriters" gag related
to VHFing:  If you try long enough, you will eventually make that contact -
hi!  That's how it's done.

Win11 beef in reference to running 30 second sequences:  In Win 10, a click
on the time on the lower toolbar would bring up the time in H:M:S; a nice
reference for timing the sequences.  Win 11 removed this useful feature;
now you just get H:M only.  Microsoft must not have any weak signal vhf'ers
on their programming staff.
73, WA3EOQ