Re: [VHFcontesting] FT8 vs FT4

To: Herb Krumich <wa2fgk@yahoo.com>, VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] FT8 vs FT4
From: John Geiger <af5cc2@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 02:18:06 +0000
Herb,

Your experience was the opposite of mine.  I tuned over to 50.318 quite a
few times and found very little activity.  I think I made 1 or 2 FT4 QSOs
in the contest.  Everything else was on FT8 where .313 was packed with
activity.  I much prefer FT4 in contesting due to its quicker exchanges.
Wish more people would use it in contests.  It seems to be catching on for
HF contesting, but not for VHF contesting as much.

73 John AF5CC