Re: [VHFcontesting] Maps to Plot Single Hop and Double Hop ESkip Range (

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Maps to Plot Single Hop and Double Hop ESkip Range (Les Rayburn)
From: kb8u vhf <kb8u_vhf@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 16:33:53 +0000
Hi, Les.  2300 km or 1400 miles is a good approximation, twice that for 2 hops.

Russ  KB8U

I?m very interested in determining my maximum possible range for eskip
propagation, for both single and double hops. I?d like to plot this on a map to
have as a reference for my operating desk.

Looked at tools like the NS6T Azimuthal Map generator:

https://ns6t.net/azimuth/azimuth.html? <https://ns6t.net/azimuth/azimuth.html?>

But is this the best approach? Not sure what distance to specify for single and
double hops? Any help appreciated.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
les@highnoonfilm.com <mailto:les@highnoonfilm.com>
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

NRC & IRCA Courtesy Program Committee Chairman
Member WTFDA, MWC

Perseus SDR,  AirSpy + Discovery, SDRPlay RSP Duo, Sony XDR-F1HD [XDR Guy
Modified], Korner 9.2 Antenna, FM-6 Antenna, Kitz Technologies KT-501 Pre-amps,
Quantum Phaser, Wellbrook ALA1530 Loop, Wellbrook Flag, Clifton Labs Active
Whip.

?Nothing but blues and Elvis, and somebody else?s favorite song??