[VHFcontesting] CQ WW

To: VHF <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] CQ WW
From: Herb Krumich via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 18:27:16 +0000 (UTC)
I had mentioned I would try an put a decent effort into this contestFrom our 10
band station, I am down to only 50 mhz.I was only able to operate for the first
hour and a half on Saturday beforehaving to take 4 hours off. Conditions were
spotty at best but did workstations to the south and picked up some nice gridsI
got back on the air around 8pm and stayed until things slowed down around
11:30. Sunday I was back on at 8am and contacts remained steady.I don't want to
get into the FT8 vs SSB comparisons . As they say"It is what it is".A few quick
openings during the afternoon came from the Caribbean and EA plus CT'sBut only
a few stations were worked. A new grid on a grind-out was appreciated.I
probably did miss grids during my Saturday dinner time excursion's.To those who
worked WA2FGK, this will be the last time the call will be used in a VHF
contest.I want to thank Buzz WA4GPM for being my 100th grid worked in this
contest This past week I uploaded enough contacts on LOTW to get me over the
100,000level on the low bands with my call K2LNS. This was part of my bucket
list.Our once great station is now totally shut down on the hill in Bear Creek
Twp., Pa.I've been making home improvements for the last year and taking down
towersFour towers have been removed with three to go. I was hoping to sell this
year, but it won't happen until 2023.My future plans will be a small system on
the low bands and a VHF portable I have everything gathered to operate from
50-1296 low power.Surely hope to do this for a few more years.Everyone = Thank
you for over 60 years of VHF contesting. It's been a blast.Ten's of Thousands
of contacts on AM-CW-SSB-FM-JT65-MSK144-FT8 EME- Meteors etcAnd the best part
is "I lived to tell this story". Score this weekend297 contacts and 102 grids
for 30,294Keep the bands active gents. Any mode will do73Herb K2LNSStation mgr
for the WA2FGK station "RIP"