Re: [VHFcontesting] K3 using 144MHz IF and ANT3

To: Mark Adams <msadams60@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] K3 using 144MHz IF and ANT3
From: Terry Price <terry@directivesystems.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 20:18:11 -0400
Mark,

The power setting controls the 10m drive to the internal transverter. I've
found over the years you can't turn the power down enough to get to .5w out
without adjusting the tx gain pot inside the K144xv - R87. Adjusting this
will probably limit the full power out but most don't use the internal
transverter for anything other than driving a transverter.

Attach a good wattmeter to ANT3, turn the front panel power knob all the
way down (should be -10db). Key the rig to tune and back the tx gain pot
down to .5w.

Terry Price - W8ZN
Directive Systems and Engineering
703-754-3876