[VHFcontesting] 222 Activity

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 Activity
From: Howard Reynolds <wa3eoq@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 12:55:47 -0400
Wasn't able to stay on very long but easily snagged a few regulars N1GC,
K9MRI and K1WHS (only took a few 30/30 second sequences with Dave).  W9KXI
was his usual loud self.  Had to come back to WZ1V as the first go-round
didn't work.  Heard at least two 30 second sequences of W1GHZ but nothing
on that end.  Also tried with AJ6T to no avail...well one of these days  -
hi.  Would have liked to work a few more, but had to run.

Per K1WHS, I am in a good geographical location (mid-FM09) to work both the
East Coast and farther West.  I have worked some of the stations listed in
this week's version of Dave's post but would really like to try with more
of them.  Ping me on ON4KST.  However, any qso will not be armchair copy;
W4IY's (SK) sage advice: Listen for the Weak Ones, must be followed.  My
100 watts gets rather weak 300 or so miles out.  I have an old ARR GaAs FET
antenna mounted preamp with 1-5/8" hard line to the shack, so I will most
likely hear you first.  it is always worth a try.  The 30/30 second cw
sequences work rather well so both of us aren't transmitting over each
other.  I've run this with Dave and others.  It may take several minutes,
but the qsb may (or may not - hi) eventually cooperate.
WA3EOQ