[VHFcontesting] BLF278, MRF151G, SD2942, or??

To: VHF Contest Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] BLF278, MRF151G, SD2942, or??
From: Bill Olson <callbill@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 18:58:45 +0000
Hi all, I am using a DMOS FET for 300 watts in my 6M, 2M, and 220 amps. A while
ago I acquired a few boards with the BLF's that were easily modified for 2 and
222. (Thanks N1DPM).. The DMOS FETs are not very rugged and inevitably I ran my
6M and 2M amps into an open load and blew the FETs. The devices are now pretty
much obsolete but I'd like to get a few replacements so i can get my amps back
running again while i look for something more rugged (like the LDMOS Ampleon
BLF183XR) to replace them with. I tried ordering a BLF278 from China but it was
a dud. I'd take anything The Phillips or NXP BLF 278, Motorola MRF151G, and the
Thomson SD2942 all seem to be roughly equivalent. i.e. 300 watt 50 volt VHF
push-pull MOS devices. Does anyone have an old board or 2  from a TV amp with
one of these parts? Maybe something damaged but the transistor might still be
OK? At this point I don't want to pay a premium new price for an obsolete
transistor.

I await,... thanks - bill K1DY in Maine