Re: [VHFcontesting] multiple modes/operator overload WAS: VHFcontesting

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] multiple modes/operator overload WAS: VHFcontesting Digest, Vol 253, Issue 28
From: Drew Arnett <arnett.drew@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 17:58:04 +0000
The operator overload thing came up in this thread.

Seems like splitting up the contest would allow more focus and less
grief.  For example:
cw+ssb only, digital only, fm only.  Or even split cw + ssb as many
big HF contests do.  (The June VHF is a big contest, right?)

Those 3 (or 4) types of contesting are really all different, and I
like them all.  I'd like to be able to focus more.  Maybe focus would
be helpful for onboarding new folks, too?

Not everyone would prefer that, but I bet a few would like it.  Can't
tailor everything exactly for everyone.  (June is a busy month for
some of us, like me, and I'd prefer if the biggest VHF contest was in
a less busy month for me.  But again, can't design to be perfect for
everyone, so no worries from me on that.)

Food for thought.  I personally won't fret if June VHF doesn't change.

Best regards,

Drew
n7da