[WriteLog] A repeat request

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] A repeat request
From: sherrick@ameritech.net (Scot Herrick)
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 03:36:21 -0000
A note below on adding to the band map...

CU...Scot, K9JY

mailto:scot@k9jy.com
www.k9jy.com
> Wayne,
> We used your software over at NK7U and truly found it to be a top notch
> product!  Thanks for putting in the work you have.
>
> Several times (over the past 18 months or so) I have requested a change
> that I would think would be simple to do, but so far, the change has not
> been implemented.  Maybe you could explain why, then I can quit
> bugging you
> about it.
>
> 1. When you enter a call and hit the space bar to do a dupe
> check, it would
> be nice to have the call placed on the band map.  Having to do an
> "Alt-Y A"
> is a real pain!!! :-)

Just hitting the space bar doesn't mean the call is correct. I have
corrected many a call after moving to the exchange part and being corrected
by the other station. The Band Map is populated after you hit Enter and LOG
the station. The Band Map does this automatically.

If you just want to enter the station on the Band Map without logging it
(i.e., you're S&P and just want to note the call without spotting it on the
Packet network), then, yes, there isn't a good keyboard shortcut besides
Alt-Y A. You can, however, right click on the mouse and select the 'Add to
Band Map' selection...