[WriteLog] Europe VS non-Europe during WAE

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Europe VS non-Europe during WAE
From: af5z@inetport.com (Bob Helms)
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 18:23:08 -0500
It took me a while to notice that Write Log indicates if the callsign
in the entry window is in Europe or not....

With the WAE contest module loaded, enter a callsign in the entry
window and hit either TAB or SPACE so that a dupe check is performed.
If the callsign is in EUROPE, the COUNTRY field will fill in automatically.
If the callsign is NOT in EUROPE, the COUNTRY field will remain blank.

I'd be interested to know if the reverse is true when Write Log is
setup and operated from within Europe.  Is there an indication when
a European tries to work another European in the WAE contest?  This
wouldn't be needed if QSOs between Europeans are valid however the
abbreviated rules I have don't make that clear.

I assume this programming detail is taken care of by the data within
the WL_CTY.DAT file in your Write Log PROGRAM folder.

For those non-Europeans I accidentally called. - Sorry for QRMing
your CQ frequency!

73,
Bob Helms, AF5Z
af5z@inetport.com