[WriteLog] help with NT

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] help with NT
From: keith@kregli.com (Keith Regli)
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 20:42:40 -0400
Bill,

NT flavors of Windows don't support the LPT port the same way the
older/consumer versions of Windows do.  So none of the programs support the
traditional LPT mechanism on NT versions.  I've got a partial solution that
may work well with the Array Solutions box.  I've written some software that
monitors Writelog and picks up the A/B state and bandswitch info.  It then
dumps that info to serial ports (CW can already go to a serial port).  The
serial ports are at RS232 levels, so they must be converted to TTL levels to
look like the LPT port.  And then there is some cabling...  I'm working on a
better solution, but it will take until the spring at least.

Check out the sections on my SO2R interface and FKeys at my website (below).
You may not need all of the stuff, but at least it should give you some
ideas.

Keith Regli WB6BIG
mailto:keith@kregli.com
http://www.kregli.com/wb6big.htm