[WriteLog] wae buffers from aa5au

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] wae buffers from aa5au
From: gbaron@home.com (Gil Baron)
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 09:39:30 -0600
--=====================_334735474==_.ALT

At 03:51 11/6/2001, WA9ALS - John wrote:
> > Can CQ be F1 instead of F2 (old habit)?
>
>This is in the HELP file under "Special NMessage Accelerator Keys":
>
>"The following three function keys behave as described here only if you set
>the CtCompatibleAccel entry in WRITELOG.INI to value "YES":
>
>F1
>Sends the programmed message corresponding to F11."
>

> > I don't see a qso b4 buffer; anyone have an example?
>
>In the HELP file, under "RTTY Messages", see:
>
>"The CW (and RTTY) memories for the messages on function keys F2 through F11
>are programmed using the dialog box under the Setup CW/RTTY messages entry.
>Hint: you will normally want to add a space character as the last character
>in the memory so that if you type message keys in succession, a space is
>sent between them.
>
>the letter "B"
>The characters in the memory between a %B and a following %B are ignored
>(and not sent) unless the current Entry window has at least one character in
>its CALL field and that call sign is a duplicate on the Entry window's
>current band. Under these conditions, the characters between the %B's are
>sent, and any characters following the final %B are ignored. If there is a
>%C before the %B in the memory, then when the "Special case" for %C
>described above is in effect, the dupe check is also held until you tab or
>space out of the CALL field. In this special case, only one pair of %B
>characters will be correctly processed, and they must appear after the %C."
>
>* However, many of us would encourage you to -not- set up a buffer with a
>"WORKED B4" message and work all dupes instead.  If the other guy is telling
>you that you are a dupe, obviously you are not in his log correctly or at
>all, so you'd be better off working him again.  Besides, it takes less time
>to work him again than to send the wrked before message and then maybe have
>to explain/argue about it.  HI

HOWEVER this does not solve everything. Now I have to some way kill my
earlier version of the QSO so that the correct one is counted. If they
cross check logs I will lose this QSO if I do not do that and if it happens
enough, i may get a DQ! Perhaps the program could always take the last
version of a DUP and automatically kill earlier versions?
'

> > The F8 key looks like there may be a callsign stack somewhere ( QSL  NOW
>%C)
> > but I don't see that documented anywhere...is there a callsign stack?
>
>This is one I don't know about, but would like help with too.  When you're
>the running station and CQ, you can often hear, or see print, more than one
>callsign calling you.  After I work one of these, I'd like a way to easily
>select another callsign and call that guy seamlessly/smoothly - Something
>like "W9ABC TU - NOW W1ZZZ DE WA9ALS".  If not done this way and someone
>louder gets in first, I'm afraid one of the original callers will give up
>and move on.  I'd like to recognize not only the first, but the SECOND call
>to my original CQ.  Now, I handle this just by using ALT-K and winging it
>the hard way.  WF1B had a way to do this smoothly, but I've never figured it
>out in WL or seen it discussed.
>
> > 73 Jamie WW3S
> >

>Hope this helps Jamie, and maybe someone will help me with the "callsign
>stack".  73 - John (WA9ALS)

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_334735474==_.ALT

At 03:51 11/6/2001, WA9ALS - John wrote:<br>
(old habit)?<br><br>
This is in the HELP file under &quot;Special NMessage Accelerator
Keys&quot;:<br><br>
&quot;The following three function keys behave as described here only if
you set<br>
the CtCompatibleAccel entry in WRITELOG.INI to value
&quot;YES&quot;:<br><br>
F1<br>
Sends the programmed message corresponding to F11.&quot;<br><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I don't see a qso b4 buffer; anyone have an example?<br><br>
In the HELP file, under &quot;RTTY Messages&quot;, see:<br><br>
&quot;The CW (and RTTY) memories for the messages on function keys F2
through F11<br>
are programmed using the dialog box under the Setup CW/RTTY messages
entry.<br>
Hint: you will normally want to add a space character as the last
character<br>
in the memory so that if you type message keys in succession, a space
is<br>
sent between them.<br><br>
the letter &quot;B&quot;<br>
The characters in the memory between a %B and a following %B are
ignored<br>
(and not sent) unless the current Entry window has at least one character
in<br>
its CALL field and that call sign is a duplicate on the Entry
window's<br>
current band. Under these conditions, the characters between the %B's
are<br>
sent, and any characters following the final %B are ignored. If there is
a<br>
%C before the %B in the memory, then when the &quot;Special case&quot;
for %C<br>
described above is in effect, the dupe check is also held until you tab
or<br>
space out of the CALL field. In this special case, only one pair of
%B<br>
characters will be correctly processed, and they must appear after the
%C.&quot;<br><br>
* However, many of us would encourage you to -not- set up a buffer with
a<br>
&quot;WORKED B4&quot; message and work all dupes instead.&nbsp; If the
other guy is telling<br>
you that you are a dupe, obviously you are not in his log correctly or
at<br>
all, so you'd be better off working him again.&nbsp; Besides, it takes
less time<br>
to work him again than to send the wrked before message and then maybe
have<br>
HOWEVER this does not solve everything. Now I have to some way kill my
earlier version of the QSO so that the correct one is counted. If they
cross check logs I will lose this QSO if I do not do that and if it
happens enough, i may get a DQ! Perhaps the program could always take the
last version of a DUP and automatically kill earlier versions?<br>
'<br><br>
may be a callsign stack somewhere ( QSL&nbsp; NOW<br>
%C)<br>
&gt; but I don't see that documented anywhere...is there a callsign
stack?<br><br>
This is one I don't know about, but would like help with too.&nbsp; When
you're<br>
the running station and CQ, you can often hear, or see print, more than
one<br>
callsign calling you.&nbsp; After I work one of these, I'd like a way to
easily<br>
select another callsign and call that guy seamlessly/smoothly -
Something<br>
like &quot;W9ABC TU - NOW W1ZZZ DE WA9ALS&quot;.&nbsp; If not done this
way and someone<br>
louder gets in first, I'm afraid one of the original callers will give
up<br>
and move on.&nbsp; I'd like to recognize not only the first, but the
SECOND call<br>
to my original CQ.&nbsp; Now, I handle this just by using ALT-K and
winging it<br>
the hard way.&nbsp; WF1B had a way to do this smoothly, but I've never
figured it<br>
out in WL or seen it discussed.<br><br>
&gt; 73 Jamie WW3S<br>
&gt;<br><br>
Hope this helps Jamie, and maybe someone will help me with the
&quot;callsign<br>
stack&quot;.&nbsp; 73 - John (WA9ALS)<br><br>