[WriteLog] Problem with 10 Meter Module

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Problem with 10 Meter Module
From: epearson@prodigy.net (Eric Pearson)
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 18:56:57 -0000
> By the way , I see no way to remove the X, that certainly should be
> available. I probably am missing something.

The help screen "Editing in the Log Window" shows two ways to do this:

  If a QSO needs to be manually marked as invalid (for example
  you work a DX station during Sweepstakes), this field can
  be set to show `X' by highlighting the appropriate QSO (click
  on it), and typing `X'. This status can be canceled by typing
  a space instead of an `X'. If you highlight a series of QSOs
  (using a drag or SHIFT+click operation) the editing operation
  is applied to all highlighted QSOs.

  The above functions are also available if you right-click on
  a QSO in the log.

> Well as I said, the module needs a lot of work. I did later realize I
could
> have made it required, NOT something the user should have to do.

A better choice of default settings would make things easier for
the new user.  But at the top of my list for Santa this year is
a new module for the NCJ RTTY Sprint.  This contest is run twice
a year and still isn't fully supported by WriteLog!

> By the way, I can't prove it but I am ALMOST CERTAIN  that I DID put in a
> number from that ZL.

I think it would be amusing to set up a camcorder aimed at
my keyboard and screen during a contest to see exactly what
I did when anomalies like this occur.

73,
Eric - K6EP