[WriteLog] Lost multiplier in RTTY RU

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Lost multiplier in RTTY RU
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert)
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 10:30:52 -0500
At 10:17 AM 1/7/2002 -0500, Ron Kenwood W3ZV wrote:

>I lost a mult due entirely to my own carelessness. I failed to enter a
>serial number. Dumb, I know. Won't cost me the top spot. But I feel that I
>should be protected from that kind of dumb trick. A "Required Field Missing"
>message would be great for those of us who are contest challenged.

I agree also.  I forgot to enter the S/N for my 2nd QSO with ZF2NT.  When I
realized it, the number had long since scrolled off the screen.  I also
forgot to enter a state for some W9 but caught it in time.  If I had been
more serious in the contest, I probably would not have made these mistakes.

I ran Writelog 10.28 with Windows XP Pro and MMTTY 1.62.  Except for a
couple of times when the software transmitted a solid carrier for several
seconds before the FSK tones started, I had no problems with
Writelog/MMTTY/WinXP in 155 QSOs, even though I kept DX4WIN open and had
another background job running that consumed all spare idle cycles.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Season's Greetings 2001/2002 - http://www.ad1c.com/2001/

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com