[WriteLog] Front end protect in SO2R

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Front end protect in SO2R
From: aa4nu@ix.netcom.com (Billy Cox)
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 14:29:10 -0600
> I am interested in some of the  things people on the reflector use to
> protect  RX front ends when using 2 radios. Any suggestions?

Each rig here uses an ICE # 196 "Front End Protector ... as well
as Dunestar 600 bandpass filters.

Key is to measure the amount of RF coming back down/into the
coax line(s) on one rig when the other is transmitting.

Some have built a simple circuit of some diodes back to back
and a 1 watt resistor ... as in when the RF level exceeds a
certain level, the diodes conduct and the RF goes to the dummy
load (the 1 watt resistor).

Hope the helps ... the newer gear is NOT as rugged as the tube
stuff of years gone by in this area.

73 Billy AA4NU