[WriteLog] Wish list??

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Wish list??
From: garry@ni6t.com (Garry Shapiro)
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 17:52:22 -0000

> To the wish list I would add, when typing a zone number that it OVERWRITES
> the current zone in the window.  If zone is shown as 5 and I type
> a 4 then a
> 45 appears in the window.  I went back and cleaned these up but they are a
> real pain in the heat of battle.  Seems also that an edit may be in order
> for an "invalid" zone such as this.
>
> Ron ND5S

I'll vote for the type-ahead-during-macro, the text recording, AND, IN
PARTICULAR, this one.

IMHO, not having a highlighted character(s) overwritten is totally at odds
with all our conditioning as computer users. I must have had a dozen zone
45's in the log in the course of the weekend. I caught every one by editing
the log on the fly, but it was distracting, and, in some cases, caused
errors or omissions in the entry of the following QSO to do that. And, of
course, carry this through to the log edit function. (Again, I do love the
simplicity of log editing.)

Let's have an insertion point AND selection by mouse-drag in such cases.

Garry, NI6T