[WriteLog] Master Callsign Database Editor - Freeware

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Master Callsign Database Editor - Freeware
From: ve3gsi@sympatico.ca (Eric - VE3GSI)
Date: Tue Feb 18 22:45:29 2003
Gang,
A couple of weeks back I surfed the achieves to find out how to create and
edit MASTER.DAT files. All in good, the answers were there and  found that I
only needed a couple of CT utilities to get me going.

Since then I have found what I think is a terrific programme and a great
accessory to WriteLog's MASTER.DTA super check files.

The programme is Master Callsign Database Editor written by VE3NEA - Alex
Shovkoplyas and can be found at:

http://www.netvampire.com/ham/

This little but powerful editor can grab callsigns from a number of
different sources including 'canned' ones from the internet.  It also has
the ability to edit individual calls and make custom saves.  I think this
programme has the potential to be a popular tool and I really don't
understand why it has not been mentioned before now. My test file works with
WriteLog and if there is a pitfall I have not discovered it.

I have been using both DX Atas and IonoProbe from Alex which are also great
tools for any computerized ham station. These programmes have never burped
and co-exist quite nicely with WriteLog.

73 from Canada
Eric - VE3GSI
ve3gsi@canada.com