[WriteLog] Windows startup

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <Writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Windows startup
From: "Jim McDonald" <jim@n7us.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 19:26:15 -0700
I've been having some unusual error messages running Writelog, the most recent
being "Cannot create band map OLE object" during startup.  Anyway, I used
msconfig to eliminate almost every startup program on the list, and WL started
fine.

So this is really a Windows question.  If I want to never start a program on
the list, I can uncheck it in the Start-up tab in msconfig.  That program
thinks it's a special, one-time test start-up configuration.  Is that the only
way to not include these weird programs (e.g., a UPS communication program)?

Thanks.

Jim N7US