[WriteLog] Two Kenwoods with Multi-keyer

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Two Kenwoods with Multi-keyer
From: Len Revelle <lenrev@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 20:25:20 -0600
I know it's the middle of CQWW so I expect to wait for comments. I chose this time to get my Multi-keyer running. I've worked through a few issues (never, never store a null modem adapter with gender changers) but still cannot get both Kenwoods working together.

I have a TS2000 (right) and a TS680 (left) wired per the on-line schematic. I can get CW to both. I can see frequency from both radios with my Logic logging software, either connected to specific Comm ports or connected through the Multi-keyer. I can see either radio if I set PORTS up with only that radio. If I then add the second radio and change RADIO to 2-radios, I will get frequency data only from the first activated radio. I can NEVER get WriteLog to see frequency from both radios, however.

The TS680 is on Comm1, 4800, n,8,1, with CW. The TS2000 is on Comm4,9600,n,8,2. I have Multi-Keyer+ selected for CW.

I suspect something in the INI has got me but am at a loss as to what. Can anyone offer advise? I've checked archives, and such, to no avail. Thanks an good luck in the contest.

  Len Revelle  N9IJ
My career goal is to retire