[WriteLog] Country files

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Country files
From: K5RC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 10:25:31 EST
Don't obsess over the Shetlands, Falkands, Zone 17, Zone 18 issues. Just log
the zone as sent by the operator. The cabrillo file doesn't use country file
data and the logs will be scored correctly by the sponsors.

Through the early part of contest season I have been very pleased with
Version 10.42. I used the network for multiop SS and it performed well. The
only
problem is that my laptop trashes the computer generated CW regularly. This may
be an RFI issue coming through the CAT 5 network cables. I am replacing them
with shielded cable and just ordered a load of ferrite chokes.

On my main computer, I have shut off all unnecessary startup programs and the
computer generated CW is working fine. You can look at
http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_pages
to help determine which startup programs are needed by your computer.

I also spent about 8 hours getting the sound board working to replace the
W9XT internal board. Challenging, but it all works now.

Tom, K5RC
Virginia City NV
aka W7RN