[WriteLog] Feedback?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Feedback?
From: "Alfred J. Frugoli (KE1FO)" <frugoli@worldlinkisp.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 13:57:02 -0500
Hello Writeloggers.

When I've got everything hooked up for RTTY demodulation and AFSK though the
sound card I get feedback.  When I leave the audio output from the rigs
connected to the line in on the soundcard, I also get the feedback on SSB.  If
I pull the "recieve audio" line out of the line in on the sound card, the
problem goes away.  I'm not using isolation transformers on the lines in and
out of the soundcard.  Would this fix the problem, or am I seeing something
else.  I can tame this beast with careful use of the vox and af gain controls,
but if either gets too high, then I just trip the vox and transmit the feedback.

Thoughts?

73 de Al, KE1FO

Outgoing mail is Virus Scanned byNorman Data Defense. Inbound Spam reduced
98.2% byVircom Sieve. WorldLink ISP Internet Services Internet service for only
$99 per Year . http://www.WorldLinkISP.com
http://www.worldlinkisp.com/