[WriteLog] Sound card problems....

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Sound card problems....
From: "Steve GW4BLE" <GW4BLE@btconnect.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 00:15:50 -0000
Problems this weekend in the ARRL SSB contest.....

Writelog 10.45 crashed (twice) on the first day, the Microsoft on-line crash
analysis pointed to a Creative Sound Driver (emu10k1m.sys) as the likely error.
I removed the sound card (Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Digital) and did a complete
reinstall.

No further crashes;  however, when opening the Writelog Sound Mixer Level
Control I am unable to access the "Msg play level" control (it remains greyed
out).

Also, I am unable to record any messages "on-the-fly" (Shift F1) and I can only
play back previously recorded messages if I un-mute the Wave/MP3 button on the
main Play Control button (accessed from double-clicking the sound icon on the
task bar).

I *appears* that for some reason Writelog is not taking full control of the
sound system.

The sound blaster is used for line in/line-out connection to the radios with
Heil plugged straight into the mic socket, and an on-board AC97 is used for
audio-review.

Anyone with the same configuration who could offer some advice, or is there a
sound control issue with 10.45M   (.....Wayne, any ideas ?)

Thanks

Steve
GW4BLE