[WriteLog] Decent looking summary sheets - how to

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Decent looking summary sheets - how to
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 20:23:53 -0700
For years I have been annoyed with the weird looking summary sheets
WriteLog creates and I accidentally found out why it does it.

For some strange reason, WriteLog by default creates summary sheets in
.rtf format.  Why on earth is this the default?  Who would ever want a
summary sheet with all the formatting codes embedded in it when 99,9%
of the time you open it with Notepad?  When you open it with an plain
ASCII text editor like Notepad, you get some strange spacings between
columns which have to be fixed before you can post it to the
reflectors.  Why??????   Nobody is supposed to post anything but plain
ASCII to a reflector.

Anyway the cure is on page 23 of the manual:

"Set this one to 0 to get summaries by default in TEXT (rather than
RTF)

SUMMARIESINRTF=1"

And it works!  Finally decent looking summary sheets after how many
years of manual edits?

Anyway, for those annoyed like I was, there is the fix.  I have no
objection to those who want their summary sheets in .rtf, I just don't
think it should be the default!!

Finally, WriteLog is now perfect.  :-)

--
Bill, W6WRT