Re: [WriteLog] %F

To: Robert Carroll <rlcarroll@patmedia.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] %F
From: "A. Sewell" <n5na@att.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:55:10 -0500
Bob,

I asked about this a while ago and Wayne replied that the "n" is actually the number of fields as shown in the LOGGING screen instead of the ENTRY window, as stated in the docs. I can't remember which field is number one so you may have to play around with it to figure it out. It does work though.

73,

Alan N5NA

Robert Carroll wrote:
I see %Fn sends  the content of field 4 in the entry window starting with
the call labeled as  filed 1.  When I try %F1 assigned to a key I do get the
call.  But if I try %F4 I get nothing.  There is a curious statement I see
that "if the name of filed n is "SNT" the 599 is sent as 5nn.  That seems
possibly to imply I have to "name" field 4, and if it is not "named" it
doesn't get setn"  But there is "SNT" above filed 4.  In any event can
someone tell me how to use %F correctly?

Bob W2WG