[WriteLog] (no subject)

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] (no subject)
From: Michael Brown <k9mi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 09:27:23 -0800 (PST)
Is there a preferred sound card for using the sound
card as a DVK? Mine has never seemed to work all that
great when it was "sort of" working. Now, it's
completely unusable, unless I'm really missing
something. I went back to my original versio of WL,
10.40J and now I can record ok, with the rig running
up to full power. This is using the Shift, F key
record procedure. But when I play it back, I hear the
message in the headphones (via the rig monitor) ok,
but there is no output. Another thing, I've never been
able to leave the Heil headset in the mic jack of the
sound card, as no matter how I set it up, the vox
trips all the time, and just all sorts of fun stuff.
It's always done this, and yes, I have adjusted
everything many times trying to fix that problem. I
need to know if a better sound card will fix this, am
I just completely missing the boat here or whatever.
The sound card has always worked fine in RTTY using
the MMTTY plug-in, and the sound card does work fine
in "non-ham" use, like listening to music, etc.

The setup uses a Creative Labs SB PCI128 sound card, a
Rig Blaster, and the radio is 1000 MP. The Heil goes
in the mic jack, the output (speaker jack) goes to the
Rig Blaster, the output cable of the Rig Blaster to
the MP. I've adjusted the Rig Blaster from A-Z also.

I need to get this fixed, or go to a plan b as my
voice has been a problem since spring, and I'm really
going to need a Dvk for SS.

Oh, I do have all the correct sound board boxes
checked in the sound board options of WL, and in the
sound board test, it scores a 7b.

Thanks...  73, Mike K9MI