[WriteLog] CW keying on LPT1 with XP Pro

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW keying on LPT1 with XP Pro
From: "Nicholas Roy Smith" <nrsmith@citlink.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 23:05:27 -0600
I have read several of the emails discussing the lack of being able to
accomplish setting up cw keying with windows XP.  My question is it just too
much trouble and should I use a comport rather that a parallel port.  I have
tried all afternoon to get it to work and have had no luck.

Also what about using one of the sound card keyers, such as a rigblaster or
MFJ, or etc.,.?

With my old computer and windows 98 the radio (FT-1000d) keyed just fine and I
didn't have to change any .ini settings.

Please offer any suggestions so I can get this thing going again.

Nick
W4GKM