[WriteLog] Using CW via a soundcard

To: "Writelog@Contesting. Com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Using CW via a soundcard
From: "Lin Titus" <lintitus@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 17:16:22 -0300
I have been a long time user of Writelog. However, I have been away from it
for a year and in the meantime have upgraded my computer to one using an XP
operating system which I understand does not allow use of LPT1 without the
addition of third party software.

I have been successful in getting Writelog to work properly through the
sound card on RTTY. However, I can not get it to send CW. When I click on F2
(my call), the transmitter keys up - but there is no output power - and it
stays on for about the right length of time to send the message and then
shuts off. Also, I get a message saying "MSG2.WAV not found".

My question is - should I be able to use the sound card for sending cw? If
so,what am I missing?

Any help would appreciated.

73's

Lin  VE9FX