Re: [WriteLog] LPT Switch SO2R Device

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] LPT Switch SO2R Device
From: "David Hachadorian" <k6ll@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 06:09:46 -0000
From: "Mike" <k4gmh@arrl.net>
To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2006 4:24 AM
Subject: [WriteLog] LPT Switch SO2R Device

> Hello,
>
> Some how got WL to activate LPT1.  However, the Radio1/2
> signal doesn't
> seem to be sent to LPT1 or LPT1 isn't transmitting it to
> the DB25 parallel
> connector.  Using XP and V10.59.
>
> The SO2R device (homemade) does switch when the computer
> is turned on or
> when changing the LPT1 to LPT2 in the Device Manager, the
> SO2R device
> switches as the change is recognized by the computer. So
> there seems to be
> an electrical connection between the computer's LPT(?) and
> the SO2R device.
>
> Some additional info. just found out about the WL.ini
> set-up that allowed
> LPT1 to show up.  The WL.ini has LPT2=BCD0xBCD7.  LPT1 is
> in the
> WL.ini.  Again, WL ports has only LPT1 activated.  Tried
> changing LPT2 to
> LPT1 in WL.ini using the same settings, BCD0-BCD7, but
> then WL doesn't show
> LPT1 active in the Ports setup.
>
> Also, .  Doesn't matter what the LPT port setting is
> trying to get WL to
> send the signal to select left/right radio.
>
> Any suggestions on what to look for to get the LPT(?) to
> switch the SO2R
> device?
----------------------------

Everything I've read indicates that you need to use
third-party programs DLPORTIO or DIRECT I/O to get the
parallel port to work with XP. Are you using one of these?
If not, I think it is hopeless. I've posted (actually,
reposted from someone else's work) a good procedure for
DIRECT I/O. I couldn't get DLPORTIO to work. I used my A/B
relay to verify that it was working.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

.