Re: [WriteLog] USB ll

To: <K8fu@aol.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] USB ll
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 15:10:49 -0400
Froggy,

Quite simply, although I do a lot of customer support internationally,
microHAM America is an independent distributor, not a division of
microHAM, s.r.o (the manufacturer).  This arrangement is necessitated
by Slovak law which has not yet caught up to "normal" commercial
practice in the west.

Among other things Slovak law prevents the normal transfer of goods
and capital into and out of Slovakia.  Product must be sold to me
for resale and product sold directly from the factory to end users
must be returned directly to the factory.

In a way purchasing from the factory and attempting to return to a
distributor (or vice versa) is like purchasing a FT-9000 from AES
and attempting to return it to HRO for full credit.

73,

   ... Joe Subich, W4TV
       microHAM America
       http://www.microHAM-USA.com