Re: [WriteLog] Wrieolog x 2

To: "Rick Mintz" <Rmintz@Rochester.rr.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Wrieolog x 2
From: n1mgo@arrl.net
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 07:56:32 -0400
On 17 Aug 2006 at 5:57, Rick Mintz wrote:

> Is it possible to do a complete install of WL to two separate directories? (I
> am worried about a registry conflict). Seems like every time I change from
> RTTY to CW I need to enter the COM and other changes numerous times before WL
> recognizes the mode change.
>
> Rick W1TY

Rick,
    I don't know about two complete installs, but to solve the
problem of switching from rtty to cw, and cw to rtty, I get the rtty
mode setup then save the writelog.ini file to writelog.rtty.  I then
setup the cw mode and saved the writelog.ini file to writelog.cw.  I
then wrote a couple of dos batch files, called rtty.bat and cw.bat,
that copy the correct mode file back to the orginial writelog.ini
position.  That works fine for me.  If you need more details please
email me.
The two batchfiles:
(Note: these batch files work fine in win98 and XP, not tested in
Win2000 or Win2003)

rtty.bat
REM to setup WriteLog for RTTY mode.
copy c:\windows\WriteLog_rtty.ini c:\windows\WriteLog.ini
echo "now setup for RTTY!"
pause

cw.bat
REM to setup WriteLog for CW mode.
copy c:\windows\WriteLog_CW.ini c:\windows\WriteLog.ini
echo "now setup for CW!"
pause

-Gordon - N1MGO