Re: [WriteLog] ports

To: Gary AL9A <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] ports
From: Courtney Judd <k4wi@k4wi.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 06:51:55 -0600
well Gary "go figure" lol.... last night 10 closed so i just played around looking for anything that might point toward this problem. Big clue was when i opened DX4WIN and it also showed same problem of not reading freq/mode when it used to! So this is just not a Writelog issue. Went to bed thinking about all this when it dawned on me that the other day I pulled the 2000 out to replace the ceramic filter that was bad going to the DMU. This morning I reached behind the rig and made sure everything was making good contact. Then opened writelog, went to set-up and re-entered com3 data and saved.... everything is back to normal! I hate these kind of issues! Congrats on the new carpet. My XYL pretty well leaves my radio room alone.... she gets free rein for the rest of the house. Hopefully we will get an opening from AL to AK later today! Tnx for your help, Cort

Gary AL9A <mailto:al9a@mtaonline.net>
Friday, February 19, 2016 8:17 PM
Cort,

Finally had a chance to look a bit at my ini file. I was blocked from my radio room by a guy installing new carpeting today. You can thank my XYL!

I just noticed below your ini file says Comm3XmitControl=ALWAYS. Mine says Comm2XmitControl=NEVER - I use comm2 for my CAT. In WriteLog Setup/Ports on your COM3 line what does the last entry say? If it says Yes change it to No. I think this is what is blocking access to the comm3 port.

73,
Gary AL9A

-----Original Message----- From: Courtney Judd