Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog and Elecraft KDVR3

To: Mike Heideman <mike_heideman@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog and Elecraft KDVR3
From: "Dean St. Hill" <dmsthill@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 18:01:33 -0400
Mike

I certainly see the application there. Understood and that also adds to my
own knowledge and understanding.

I use a microHAM SO2R environment so configuration has become rather easy
no matter what rig is used - I have probably become rather spoilt .

I would say that if I were guest opping at a station I would probably
travel with an MK2 or MK2R+ along with my rig of choice and that would make
light work of setting up.

I am so concerned about setup issues that I basically use WriteLog for all
my logging even though I use a master logging programme to track all the
QSOs. It seems like the more software I use the more likely some setting
gets changed by accident and I'm spending hours resolving the issue.

In my setup it's when I plug in a USB headset I use for Skype. I always
have to remember to unplug and reboot if not suddenly my sound isn't
working the way it should. Even though I am aware of the problem it often
takes a little while to figure out especially if I Skyped a while back and
it's not front of mind as I prepare for a contest.

Thanks for the useful info.

Best regards

Dean 8P2K

Sent from my BLU Vivo XL