[Yaesu] FT 900...

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT 900...
From: dgmaley@inav.net (Dave Maley)
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1996 09:07:12 +0000
Yes; it can be upgraded, but it's a 'pig' job.  The hard part is
getting the original 3-pole crystal filter out.  It's pins are almost
exactily the same diamater as the holes they go in.  Suggest heating
all the connections at the same time and pry it out.  If the
plated-through holes get damaged, don't worry.  Fill with solder,
they are not used with the new filter.  IF gain calibration not
affected .  I found about 1db change between filters.
If the receiver seems quiter, it's the performance of the new  filter
compared against the old one, not a calibration problem.  I used a
very small wattage iron and a large gun to get it done.  Good Luck.
Dave.  WA0ZZG