[Yaesu] Admin: Yaesu Digest Email

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Admin: Yaesu Digest Email
From: ke7gh@primenet.com (Brian K. Short KE7GH)
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 15:49:44 +0000
Thanks to the behind-the-scenes work of N4VJ and AD1C
this mailing list *now* has digest capability which
has already been thoroughly tested!

Digests permit you to receive just one message containing
all messages for the day instead of individually.  This is
especially handy for those with quotas based on message
counts.  For others, it may just be a convenience.

You can subscribe to digest only or both and still post to
the mailing list (either way).  Of course you can just go
with your current service (just do nothing).

To subscribe to the digests, send a normal subscribe message:

TO:      yaesu-digest-request@contesting.com
SUBJECT:
BODY:    subscribe

Again, you MAY want to unsubscribe from your present service...

Digests are sent daily at 11:45 pm EST and I am told that some
mail clients will even "burst" a digest into individual messages
IF this is desired...

Please contact ME (ke7gh@contesting.com) if you have difficulty.
If it goes beyond my technical expertise, I can get in touch with
N4VJ or AD1C.  They kinda like me to handle the simple stuff and
I suspect any initial problems will be common kinds of things...

I will update the FAQ and list information announcement soon.

73, Brian ke7gh@contesting.com

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.primenet.com/~ke7gh/yaesu.html