[Yaesu] FT-736 1.2 GHz output power? M57762 spec sheet?

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-736 1.2 GHz output power? M57762 spec sheet?
From: dgf@netcom.com (David Feldman)
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 12:41:04 -0800 (PST)
My FT736 1.2 GHz module has developed low output power at the upper
band edge (and to a lesser extent at the lower band edge). By low I
mean 3-4 watts CW or PEP, when 10 was expected, within 10 MHz of the
upper band edge, and same for lower edge. Does this sound like
an output module problem? Anyone done their own service on the
FEX736-1.2? I have suitable test equipment (power meter, spectrum
analyzer, synthesizer, etc.) but haven't dealt with the unit before.

Also, do you usually service the FT736 modules in place or is some
kind of extender cable set required/recommended?

Thanx in advance,

73 Dave WB0GAZ dgf@netcom.com