[Yaesu] Thanks - RE: FT1000MP Key Clicks? IE: All Rigs Can Be Cured

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Thanks - RE: FT1000MP Key Clicks? IE: All Rigs Can Be Cured
From: k3mm@erols.com (Tyler Stewart)
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 05:24:10 -0000
My only reservation is that almost all of what you see here is anecdotal or
unscientific information.  It's  a little dangerous to start condemning
thousands of radios because one guy thinks he has key clicks!  I've heard that
before during contests and quick subsequent checks by locals during the same
contest have confirmed that my signal is fine.  The only good way to check it
is with a spectrum analyzer and I doubt anyone on this reflector has done
that.  A less direct way is to look at the modulation waveform...but still I
doubt any have done this.  Then you have to worry about how the radio is set
up and on and on...

My bottom line is I wont accept any interference report from anyone who says
my fundamental is 40 over or more.  It's usually a RX problem or the nut
behind the other wheel, not my transmitter.

For one guy to say MP's have a particular problem just because his sample
group of 1 unit has it is irresponsible, to say the least.

That said, I've seen slight power spikes on both of my MP's when they are
first keyed ( the first dit).  All this means is that the ALC is a little slow
to pick up...it has nothing to do with clicks.

73, Ty K3MM

73, Ty K3MM